WARNING: this MR is a Draft and not ready to be merged yet. This is a work in progress that depends on unfinished work streams.
Refactor the Mediawiki Stream Enrichment job to consume events from the consolidated page-change stream. The following change have been introduced:
- Replace schemas defined by cases classes with a
- Integrates WMF boilerplate for stream configuration.
- Simplifies the Async enrichment function logic.
An entry point to review code could be
- this MR depends on wikimedia-event-utilities 1.2 which needs to be built manually. In particular,
- this MR depends on the not yet finalized page-change schema. Currently source and destination topics have dedicated schemas. Note that neither schema has been finalized yet. That's a temporary solution and not a binding design choice.
Dependencies on pending work
-  events should be produced in the page-change stream
wikimedia-event-utilities 1.2 should be released with https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/wikimedia-event-utilities/+/810387 merged
-  Page change schema has been finalised
-  Enriched page change schema has been finalized.